Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My visa was denied, any ideas? 2019/3/2 12:22
I'm a Japanese Language student who has been living in Sapporo since April 2018. I will be done with the school in March. I found a job in a hotel but my visa (技術・人文知識・国際業務ビザ Engineer/Humanities/International Services) was denied. I was told that I had to have a major related to English or have 3 years experience since they were hiring me for my English ability. I'm from Turkey so I'm not a native English speaker and I can't apply for a working holiday visa.

My qualifications:
I have N2 certification, IELTS certification ad TEFL(Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification. I have a Bachelor Degree in Biology and have nearly 4 years of part-time veterinary assistant experience and lab experience about phytoremediation. I graduated and came to Japan just after that so I don't have any full-time job experience.

I was told that I should find a job related to Biology since I can't use my English for getting a visa. Any ideas for me? I'm looking for a job again.
by larissa oz  

Re: My visa was denied, any ideas? 2019/3/2 17:47
If you want to work in Japan now, then yes, a biology-related Job is your only option.

If you really want the hotel job, go back to Turkey (or wherever you can) and work at a hotel there for three years then you will have the required experience for a visa for a hotel job in Japan
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My visa was denied, any ideas? 2019/3/6 03:14
Try getting into a recruitment company. They hire people from all different background
by vnjz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread