Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/5 03:46
Hi,
I was hired by a Japanese IT company and they have applied for my COE. It is now almost 45 days since they've applied for my COE but no response till now. I was wondering how long it may take to process COE now a days? They told me it would take at most 30 days when they applied. I am passing very stressful situation regarding the response. Please suggest me if anyone there who had passed or passing same situation like me.
Thanks in advance.
by Shawon (guest)  

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/5 07:13
It takes as long as it takes. 30 days would be on the very quick side. 3 months inst abnormal.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/5 08:24
The normal time is 2 months and two weeks but it takes also more in some cases now adays.
by Thejapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/5 09:16
Normal time is not specified on the website of the immigration.
It is mentioned it takes up to 3 months but it can also takes longer.

Especially around this period immigration is busy because April is the new period for employees (incl. foreigners) to enter a company.

All you can do is lean backward and wait. No news is often good news
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/5 20:51
Before I came to Japan a few years ago, mine took 2 months before I had it in hand. Sit tight.
by apparition rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/6 03:09
Mine took exactly one month.
You should e-mail your company. Maybe the asked for additional documents, which makes the waiting time longer.
Good luck to you
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/6 05:17
Thank you all for your response.
Yeah, I've contacted to my company today, HR told me to keep patience. My lawyer has contacted to the immigration and they replied that my application processing is still under inspection and they are trying to process it quickly. Osaka immigration is in under a lot of pressure now a days they said.
by Shawon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/6 08:49
because you are not the only one applying.
Around this time of the year immigration gets a lot of requests.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: 45 days past after applying for my COE 2019/3/30 05:55
Thank you all for your response and support. I received my coe after around 2 months and it is for 3years. My company was surprised to see this because they were expecting 1 year permit like others application.
It's a great relief.
by Shawon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread