Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Possibility to get Japanese citizenship? 2019/3/18 13:31
I have finished my nationalization final interview.
Case worker are very pleased. I have no written test, no difficult questions, no my wife interview.
My case worker discussed with me very friendly. Case worker asked some very simple question to my wife during home visit in front of me
My wife is non-Japanese and did not apply for nationalization with me. Case worker tried to convince her to apply for Japanese nationalization.
Finally, Case worker told us waiting for the final result.

Have anybody experience and let me know the possibility to get the Japanese citizenship in this situation.

by Asaduzzaman (guest)  

Re: Possibility to get Japanese citizenship? 2019/3/20 08:59
I suspect that nobody here has your expetrience - that of seeking nationality but with a foreign spouse. But if you have finished everything, including the interviews, without incidence and without having had a bad legal situation of some sort - then surely you have a very good chance of approval. Just a guess on my part.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possibility to get Japanese citizenship? 2019/3/20 09:50
I am not an expert - but I've heard that the case workers don't put in a final submission unless they are happy and confident in what they have seen. Others will definitely know more than I though....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Possibility to get Japanese citizenship? 2019/3/22 12:42
Thank you very much for valuable comment.
I want more precisely、if anybody knows.

by Asaduzzaman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possibility to get Japanese citizenship? 2019/3/25 16:54
I heard that if local legal affairs bureau (homukyuku) accept the application after final interview and application documents send to the ministry of Justice. That means, the application will finally grant and applicant are getting the Japanese citizenship. Is it true?
by Asaduzzaman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread