Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I'ma half Filipino and half Japanese 2019/3/29 03:44

i hope anybody here would help or give me some ideas about my visa. I'ma half filipino and half japanese but i am a filipino citizen. Do i need to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility while i'm here in Japan to change my tourist visa to child of Japanese national visa? If yes, what do i need to do my visa will expires in after 3 weeks. Do i need to stay here or do i need to go back to the Philippines and wait for the results there? Please give me some advice. Thank you
by Sachiko (guest)  

Re: I'ma half filipino and half japanese 2019/3/29 07:35
Contacting the Japanese Embassy in the Phillipines would be a start. Since they deal with these type of visa issues all the time.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I'ma half filipino and half japanese 2019/3/29 09:30
Visa - Apply COE in Japan by your father, once COE approved, submit visa application together with COE at Japan embassy.

Change of Status - apply in Japan at immigration, if accepted you get extension to your temp. visitor, 2 months from your temp. visitor expiry date or until you received your application result.

In general all Change of Status application will be given extension at 2 months from existing current status/visa expiration.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I'ma half filipino and half japanese 2019/3/29 09:34
Addition,

Since you in Japan, why don't you just drop by immigration and ask them directly.
Make sure you use the right term when consulting with the immigration.

Don't mix COE/Visa and Change of Status application procedure as both are different, involve slightly different steps.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I'ma half Filipino and half Japanese 2019/3/29 14:58
As immigration said, i will need to go back in the philippines and wait there for the result. I think this is the result of my Certificate of eligibility. Can you give me some idea what should i do, can i apply for a change of visa without COE? Or i must need first a COE before applying change of Visa?

Thank you!
by Sachiko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread