Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ifm pregnant and want to change again doctor 2019/4/5 11:02
Well, I donft know if I can still change my OB GYN because itfs my second doctor now. My husband wants to look for another clinic but I donft know if I can still change and ask. It is so gmendouksaih also for me to change and fill up again and explain everything. Hope someone can enlighten me about the rules on changing a doctor/obgyn. Thanks.
by Kris MN (guest)  

Re: Ifm pregnant and want to change again doctor 2019/4/5 13:07
You are free to change doctor, the only thing you have to do is explain everything again and also it is better to be open with your current doctor to get some information on paper about your current status
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Ifm pregnant and want to change again doctor 2019/4/5 13:34
Although there are no "rules" against changing doctors while pregnant, it's in your best interest to make a final decision about your OB/GYN as soon as you can, depending on the clinic/hospital. Doctors will "fill up" spaces and wont always accept new patients in order to focus on the women already going to see that doctor. Now in my second pregnancy I'm going to the same place as last time, but during my first pregnancy I needed to do a lot of research to choose a hospital. A smaller clinic that feeds into a very famous birthing hospital in my prefecture told me that if I came during the first trimester I was fine, but beyond that they couldn't guarantee me "a spot".... it depended on my due date and how busy the time around it was.

The small hospital I ended up choosing only has space for 8-10 women at a time, so it was really important that I got my care through their OB/GYN from the beginning of my pregnancy. If I'm getting care through them, they will accommodate me no matter the situation; if I came in third trimester, or too late, they had the right to turn me away.

Obviously I'm not trying to scare you, and this definitely depends on the doctor/hospital! But I think for your own anxiety as well, it's good to find a new doctor ASAP if that is what you wish!
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is the reason worth a change? 2019/4/6 22:51
Since you are not disclosing your reasons for why you want to dismiss two Ob/Gyns, I am letting you know, before you change your doctor try to find his/her replacement, once you get accepted by a different facility and a doctor, only then you may want to leave your current doctor.

As a doctor I would like to know, is your pregnancy a normal one (without any pathologies of fetus or chronic diseases from your side)?

Normally Pregnancies proceed out without any difficulties, since you are in your second trimester, it is safe to assume you and your baby had been thoroughly examined for the genetics related disorders and for the normal development of the fetus.

Without knowing the main reason for you to change your previous and current Ob/Gyn, it is hard for me to talk you into keep your current Ob/Gyn, but it will be highly advisable that your don't change your doctor without a very good reason (my husband doesn't like my doctor is not one of them, and if he is forcing you to change your doctor without a reasonable cause then share the difficulties and dangers he is putting your and your future child in), and always remember not to take any risks while you are pregnant.

You are entitled to change your Ob/Gyn even just a day before you go to labour, but it is highly inadvisable.

Be healthy and happy!
by SRJ rate this post as useful

reply to this thread