Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about TUJ admissions and GPA 2019/4/9 23:02
Ifve been emailing back and forth with someone working with admissions at the Temple Japan campus in Tokyo. I am a freshman going to community college and I am only in my second semester.

The minimum GPA requirement for obtaining a student visa (Ifm not from Japan) and applying to the school is 2.5, and right now my current college cumulative GPA is a (low) 2.17 while my cumulative high school GPA was 3.01.

The reason I mention my high school GPA is because the lady I am emailing with has mentioned that combining the two may bring me high enough to apply, but as I ask around most people have never heard of combining high school and college GPAs for admission like this. Has anyone who has applied to TUJ experienced this before? I have found one other forum where someone applying to Temple mentioned that they just took the two GPAs and averaged them out so his averaged GPA was high enough to apply.

Appreciate any insight on this as the woman I am emailing with is being kind of vague about it despite me asking for a more detailed explanation. Thank you in advance.
by TUJhelp (guest)  

Re: Question about TUJ admissions and GPA 2019/4/14 09:29
Hi!
So I actually attend Temple University main campus. I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend enrolling into the main campus first and then transferring to TUJ while at the main campus. Not only is it a lot easier on you, since you will have the academic advisors able to help you, but also because the study abroad program is in direct contact with TUJ.

by Kono11 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread