Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it too early to make plans? 2019/4/14 07:27
My daughter of 13 and me will be in Sendai from Dec 29 to Jan 1st, so we'll be there at New Year'eve. Is it too early to make plans? Does anybody know already something?
by Amarocagi  

Re: Is it too early to make plans? 2019/4/14 08:03
It is never too early to make plans. Some of the reservations you may need, however, may not be possible yet.

International air tickets may or may not already be on sale depending on the airline.
Many hotels already allow for room reservations, but many others do not yet.
Shinkansen seats can be reserved from one month prior to the trip.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is it too early to make plans? 2019/4/14 08:31
I don't know about Sendai, but I had difficulty finding a room in Tokyo on Dec 31st. I guess everybody was getting ready for the New Year's Eve party and New Year celebration the next day.
by BigK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it too early to make plans? 2019/4/14 22:32
It's not too early to make plans. I'm already planning my trip to Japan between December/January this year.

Something to note is that accommodation is often not available until 6 months before the due date or even 3 months on some occasions.....

Availability should be ok apart from New Years eve. Booking something which can be easily cancelled at no cost now and looking later is something that I often do. For example, I've already booked by accommodation on Yakushima for the time you are on Honshu....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Is it too early to make plans? 2019/4/15 12:52
Dec 31 is the busiest hotel date of the year - book early, and yes you can book some hotels/accommodation now.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is it too early to make plans? 2019/4/15 13:51
RE: JCT

I always thought that the busiest day for hotels was a specific Saturday during Golden week and not NYE??

I remember that Tokoyo Inn holds a world record for having the most hotels full (with full occupancy) for this day a couple of years ago. But then again - the difference would probably be just a couple of percent in either direction...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread