Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chanhing visa 2019/4/16 17:10
I don't know a lot about the type amd process of visas here in japan, but i am currently a student here in a japanese school. I am a college graduate and a registered nurse in the philippines, however my aunt is married to a japanese and they own a bakeshop here in japan. My uncle wants to sponsor my visa and asked me to work in their shop full time. Would it be possible to change status of residence and wat type of visa would apply to it? Thank u.
by Cheys  

Re: Chanhing visa 2019/4/16 18:58
That depends on what he is trying to hire you for in the bakery and if you qualify for such positions; if he wants you to work there as a cashier, unfortunately there is no visa category that would allow you to do cashier full-time. If he wants you to do baking, youfd need to qualify for probably what chefs usually go for – skilled labor. Youfd qualify if you have some chef/baker training in your cuisine and have some professional work experience in that field. Since you say you are a registered nurse, that seems unlikely.

So for now, what seems possible is you staying on gstudenth status, and doing part-time in his bakery (up to what is allowed under gstudenth status).

Another thing: please use correct terminology – what you use to enter Japan is gvisa,h and once you are in Japan, what you have is gresident status.h So currently you have gstudenth resident status. If you qualify for any other type of category, you will be applying for gchange of resident status.h
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread