Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Magome-Tsumago trail for solo travellers 2019/4/21 22:42
Hi, I'm planning to visit in Magome and Tsumago in a day trip from Nagoya in early/mid-May, and was wondering if it's advisable for a solo female traveller to do the Magome-Tsumago trail during this time (likely to be a weekday), even if the trail is well-marked. Thank you!
by HS (guest)  

Re: Magome-Tsumago trail for solo travellers 2019/4/22 13:15
I (female) travelled around Japan for 2 months alone by bicycle and didnft feel unsafe anywhere, so you should be totally fine on the trail. Itfs very well marked and the bears they are talking about I think are more folkloristic than real. But you can get a bear bell at the start of the trail (in the info office). At least that was my experience when I did it (then with my husband) about 10 years ago.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Magome-Tsumago trail for solo travellers 2019/4/22 13:18
Should be fine. The trail is well marked and a lot of it has some structures/houses along the sides. The main road parallels the trail and in places you follow the road. It also isn't that long. The only place that might be confusing is after the Ichikokutochi Tateba Tea House just down from Magome Pass on the Tsumago side. You have to leave the Nakasendo trail to see the two waterfalls. The tea house has maps and is manned by a local volunteer who can give directions.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread