Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/4/30 16:31
Hi, I forgot to take my bag with me as I took off from Osaka Loopline train in Osaka Station, Wednesday, March 3 in at 7.00 Osaka Station. The color of the bag is red with my passport, wallet, camera, and money inside. It is now nearly one month and still there is no news about my bag. I have contacted JR West frequently via email. Do you have any suggestion
by raka (guest)  

Re: Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/4/30 20:01
Did you immediately call with the description of the item, so that they could search the train as soon as at the next station? Have you called their lost & found center often? Did you get any response to your e-mails? (Just trying to make sure that it was a valid email address for lost & found inquiries.)

If you have done so, and if your frequent e-mails led to no result, that could mean an unfortunate outcome. In turn, if they have found the item but it didnft get claimed back, after some time they hand the found items to the local police for them to keep in their lost & found section.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/5/1 00:16
hi AK..yes I did. As soon as I got out of the train, I realized that left my bag on the overhead section inside the train, but it was too late because the train had departed. I immediately told the nearest officer and he made some phone calls to some other stations. But they couldnt find it, so they advised me to go to lost and found office.

As the lost and found office is open at 8, I had to wait til it opened and made a report. But until late afternoon, they still had not found my bag.

I contacted the West JR by email frequently and they still havent found it yet :(
by raka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/5/1 09:57
Sorry to hear that – theyfd have called the next few stations so that they could search the rack when the train arrives there (I often hear announcements at train stations with the staff saying over the microphone gsearch on the arriving train – bag on the rack, either 2nd or 3rd car, black bagh or something like that). Either that leads to finding it, or due to lack of time or lack of specific description it goes unnoticed and after quite some time (maybe at the terminal station/end of day) the staff might find it and reports it as gfoundh item.
I assume you are still in Japan? You might want to call the lost & found atc Osaka police. After a while those found items make it to the police. I hope you have been able to travel without itc
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/5/1 16:39
This was lost nearly 2 months ago....March 3rd. I have a feeling it was taken by a stranger.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/5/1 17:41
It seems not March 3 (Sunday) but April 3 (Wednesday) that you left the bag.
Have you informed JR-West of the correct date?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Bag in Osaka Loopline 2019/5/1 23:55
hi john.. thanks for the correction, yes it was april 3rd, not march

hi omotenashi..yes i have informed the correct date to the jr west

AK-nope, I have returned to my country since apr 7th. I contacted sonezaki police station in osaka several times, where I reported my lost case after the JR lost and found staff were not able to find it. But they also havent found it. Well, I guess it's just my bad luck.

Anyway, thanks for responding guys!
by raka (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread