Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Complete itinerary 2019/5/5 11:55
We would like to explore cities nearby tokyo (with cooler weather), nature scenic, culture.

We have been to tokyo before so we would like to explore other cities/small town (not kyoto and osaka) which has beautiful views of nature scenery (likes mountains, lakes) and fresh cool weather. Please help thank you.

10 june : arrived in tokyo
11. june : yokohama
12. june : hakone
13 june : hakone
14 june : ?
15 june : ?
16 june : ?
17 june : ?
18 june : ?
19 june : leaving tokyo
by evads  

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/5 15:21
You can think of adding following

1. extra day at Yokohama as it has lots to see.
2. Kamakura and Enoshima
3. Yamanashi
4. Nikko and surrounding aresa
5. Mt. Takko

Have a great trip.
by Sandeep (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/5 15:21
Hi, I just posted on another thread something similar, but I would look at going to Karuizawa and maybe Bessho Onsen, both of which are on (or just off) the Hokuriku shinkansen line toward Nagano, then on to Matsumoto (from Nagano) and maybe Kamikochi.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/5 15:27
I would seriously consider Hikone & Kanazawa and then as has already been suggested Kamakura and Enoshima as a day trip from Tokyo to finish.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/6 23:26
Nagano and Matsumoto ?

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/11 02:10
Personally, I found Kamakura and Enoshima rather boring (but that could've been because I visited these places after having lived in Japan for six months as an exchange student and having seen A LOT of the country already). Nikko is really nice though, and you could easily spend a day or two there: One day visiting the shrines and temples, and one day for the nature surrounding Nikko. I would suggest to then travel up to Sendai (about 1 hour from Tokyo by shinkansen). From there, you could visit places such as Yamadera, the Sanriku Coast (and cat island, if you're into that) and Matsushima Bay.
by noelluuhh rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/11 02:12
Mt Takao, as has been mentioned before, is really nice as well, and can be reached in 50 minutes from Shinjuku.
by noelluuhh rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/11 07:37
Agree with the Mt Takao recommendations
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Complete itinerary 2019/5/11 09:16
Mountains above Shizuoka. Tea farms. Onsens. Dams. Lots of forests.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread