Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Hiroshima/Miyajima 2019/5/9 19:32
Hi,

I just want to ask we will be staying in Osaka, is it possible to 1 day to Hiroshima and Miyajima?
And also I read this from a blog, what are the difference of this 3 choices aside from the fee and time? Which will be more convenient? We plan to book the first trip in the morning.

Choice 1:
HIROSHIMA TO MIYAJIMA BY LOCAL TRAIN
From JR Hiroshima Station, take a train on the JR Sanyo Line to Miyajimaguchi Station.
From there, take a short walk to the ferry pier (either JR ferry or Matsudai).
Purchase a ticket to Miyajima Island and board the ferry.
Fare: \410 (train) + \180 (ferry)
Travel Time: Approximately 35 minutes (train + ferry)

Choice 2:
HIROSHIMA TO MIYAJIMA BY TRAM
From downtown Hiroshima, take Tram 2 to Miyajimaguchi Station.
From there, take a short walk to the ferry pier (either JR ferry or Matsudai).
Purchase a ticket to Miyajima Island and board the ferry.
Fare: \260 (tram) + \180 (ferry)
Travel Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes (tram + ferry)

Choice 3:
HIROSHIMA TO MIYAJIMA BY DIRECT BOAT
From Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park or Hiroshima Port, board a boat to Miyajima Island.

Fare: \2,000 (from Peace Park); \1,850 (from Hiroshima Port)
Travel Time: 45 minutes (from Peace Park); 30 minutes (from Hiroshima Port)

Thank You! :)
by kimdale  

Re: Osaka to Hiroshima/Miyajima 2019/5/10 08:10
Day trips from Osaka/Kyoto are easy covering Peace Park/Peace Museum and Miyajima - do a search on the TripAdvisor forums and it comes up frequently. I'm taking another group there next week as a daytrip from Kyoto.
In the dozens of trips I've done to Miyajima they have all been by local train - frequent, easy, simple.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Hiroshima/Miyajima 2019/5/10 08:33
Train is much quicker but circles around the outside of Hiroshima city.
Tram is much slower but goes through the center of Hiroshima city.

If you are planning to visit both the city and Miyajima, then you need to do train one way, and tram the other.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Hiroshima/Miyajima 2019/5/10 17:13
even though i am generally not splurging on things like "direct boats" instead of public transports like trams, in case your time budget is an issue, i highly recommend the direct boat. the reason is:
the trains are a good option, but only if you start / are near the hiroshima main station.

since you seem to want to see the other touristic attractions in hiroshima before you are quite away from there. BUT: there is a direct boat directly from hiroshima genbaku dome (so where the most attractions within the city are). this boat will bring you very quickly to miyashima, and has in addition very beautiful views on its way (more nice than the one of the JR ferry). and (if i my memory isnt wrong) it also gives you more time on the island, since the return trip goes until even later in the evening (please verify this).

also i think the price for the boat is not THAT high (i am generally not splurging, but i found it always ok to use it in case i wanted to have more time on the island, instead of circling the city).
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Hiroshima/Miyajima 2019/5/10 17:15
or (since you come from osaka) probably this is the best of all:
1) from osaka to hiroshima station
2) from there take local train and public ferry to miyashima
3) for returining use direct boat to genbaku dome
4) enjoy hiroshima sights then
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread