Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR West Hokuriku - Inotani 2019/6/18 18:23
Hallo,

This is a stupid question but I want to make sure before I've done this in Japan
I will visit Kansai in the near future. Beside several area in Kansai, I would like to visit Takayama (not Shirakawa-go). I research train pass in internet and found JR West Kansai Hokuriku valid for 7 days with a lot of coverage area (JPY 15,000) and Takayama Hokuriku area tourist pass valid for 5 days with limited coverage area (JPY 14,000).

Based on this I tend to choose JR West Kansai Hokuriku but the last station covered is Inotani so I will use local train from Toyama to Inotani, exit in Inotani and then directly enter again using SUICA and then aboard train from Inotani to Takayama. Inotani-Takayama cost JPY 960 so JPY 1,920 round trip. Is this doable?

Any other suggestion maybe?

Thank you
by Arie (guest)  

Re: JR West Hokuriku - Inotani 2019/6/19 18:04
No need to exit at Inotani; you can pay the 960 yen on arrival at Takayama. If you do exit at Inotani, however, you can't use IC cards so buy a paper ticket.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR West Hokuriku - Inotani 2019/6/21 04:10
Hi!

Which Pass makes more sense really depends on what you plan to do in the Kansai area. If you're not going to Okayama or Wakayama-ken or Tottori, or somewhere far away, why get the pass with more coverage if it's not covering intended vacation spots?

There is a 10 minute layover at Inotani if you are taking local trains. Just be careful there are only 4 local trains a day so you need to time for them, as Toyama Station is not all that interesting.

Good luck!

by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread