Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka 2019/6/27 18:40
I need to know what best to buy pass, to cover these 4 days. Suica card/Passmo/JR pass?
Please advise and how much is the cost?

I have itinerary :

Day 1-Tokyo
-Asakusa (stay)

Day 2 - Tokyo
-Shibuya
-Shinjuku
-Overnite Bus to Kyoto

Day 3 - Kyoto
-kyoto area Fushimi, Arashiyama
-to Osaka and overnite

Day 4 - Osaka
-round Osaka
-depart Osaka to Kul nite 10pm
by Sari (guest)  

Re: Travel around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka 2019/6/28 09:25
A one way trip from Tokyo to Osaka wonft be good for any pass. You can use an IC card for Tokyo and Osaka, though you wonft be able to get a refund.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Travel around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka 2019/6/28 14:57
Definitely NOT the JR pass. You donft have any long distance trip by train. And even if you had itfs one way only so wonft pay off.

Pasmo and Suica are practically the same. However as PP said you canft get the 500 yen refund. So in your case unless you think youfll come back to Japan, I would probably go with good old paper tickets.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka 2019/6/28 15:48
If you will land after 1st Sep, Welcome Suica may be a good option. Though it has expiratory period (28 days), you don't need to pay deposit. Note that you can't refund the remaining amount, so you should use it to 0 yen. This is easy if you use it at some Convenience stores with credit card or cash.

https://jpninfo.com/95997
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Travel around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka 2019/6/28 18:57
Donft even think about paper tickets (except for the bus). Having to try and figure out the correct fare and buy a ticket every time you want to get on the subway or a local train is a total pain. Just get a Suica card; if you lose the Y500 deposit, cfest la vie. If you have an iPhone 8 / X / XS, you can add a virtual Suica card to Apple Wallet (no deposit required) and top it up as needed with any card you have in Apple Pay.
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka 2019/6/28 19:37
My preferences as a tourist

Subway/train. Tokyo has great subways and trains. There are signage and instructions in English and no shortage of maps. If it is too far to walk then this is the way to go.
Bus - often overlooked, buses in Japan are also a great way to travel and offer routes not covered by subway. It may be harder for people who don't speak or read Japanese. http://www.adequatetravel.com/category/japan/, Thanks
by ameliaclaire rate this post as useful

reply to this thread