Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/28 22:45
We are a group of 8 people traveling to Japan for the first time.
We will be there from Nov 11 - Nov 18 (8 Days 7 Nights, Arriving in Narita and departing from Narita)
Currently, we are preparing for itineraries. So far based on the blogs and videos we see. we have decided 2 options for itineraries.

Option 1:
Day 1 - Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Travel from Tokyo to Toyama, get a bus to Shirakawago go back o Kanazawa and spend the night there
Day 4: go to Kenrokuen Garden + Travel to Kyoto
Day 5,6,7: Kyoto + day trip to Nara/Osaka + depart for Tokyo
Day 8: prepare for departure

Option 2:
Day 1 - Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Hakone (lake ashi + open air museum) +depart for Kyoto at night
Day 4,5,6,7: Kyoto + day trip to Nara/Osaka + depart for Tokyo
Day 8: prepare for departure.

Note: we are reading the Japan autumn forecast and was hoping for seeing the autumn leaves in Kyoto that's why we put Kyoto in the last 3-4 days of our travel :fingercross:
We are looking forward to your feedback

Thank you
by Galen L (guest)  

Re: 8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/29 09:48
So your basic choice is between a trip to see the farm houses at Ogimachi or Lake Ashi. Both add time/complexity to your basic travel route and take time. You could just do Ashi/Hakone as a day trip from Tokyo.

If you wanted to pretty much guarantee autumn colours, you could travel Tokyo to Matsumoto and then the mountain highway to Takayama for an over-night there. The autumn colours change earlier with the elevation. Then either visit Hida Mura before heading to Kyoto or go past Shirakawa-go on the way to Kanazawa (with the garden in the afternoon) and then to Kyoto.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/29 12:38
to Option1
You can go to Kanazawa, leave your luggage at the coin locker at the station, then take a bus to Shirakawago.
It will be a busy day. Take Shinkansen from Tokyo early in the morning. It gets dark very early in November, especially in the village surrounded by mountains.

to JapanCustumTour
Autumn color season is almost over in mid November in Shurakawago, Takayama and Matsumoto.

by Chibanian rate this post as useful

Re: 8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/29 13:26
I would do In the limited time you have only Tokyo and Kyoto. Why? Because in you current itinerary you barely have Kyoto with all the side trips you plan to do:

Day 5,6,7: Kyoto + day trip to Nara/Osaka + depart for Tokyo

Thatfs also easier transportwise.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/30 00:53
When I tried to go to Shirakawa go via bus from Kanazawa, the tickets were sold out. With such a tight window, you might travel all that way to find out you can't get to Shirakawa-go. Also, Kyoto is going to be packed at that time (it's already overcrowded with tourists daily!). As another poster suggested, I would suggest streamlining your itinerary down to maybe just Tokyo and Kyoto as your hubs and just do day trips. I hope you enjoy your trip!
by nealson rate this post as useful

Re: 8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/30 02:02
For both options, depending on your departure time from Narita, it may be possible to spend the last night in Kyoto, and catch the earliest Shinkansen plus another train from a Tokyo, to arrive at Narita by 10:00am. That allows you to spend another day in Kyoto.
by Miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 8 days travel itinerary recommendations 2019/6/30 11:42
Hi! I would like to explore you to another idea for your 8 days itinerary which i have done with my family (2A 2C) in November.

If you are in Kanazawa, i suggest that you spend a day to drive up further north to visit Chirihama Nagisa Driveway and Senmaida Pocket Park (they have winter illumination). You can take the chance to see how the salt is being produce in Wajima. We personally love this drive as it is not crowded with tourist!

You can factor in a trip to Shirakawago on a separate day.

Do you love Doraemon? If yes, visit Takaokaotoginomori Park. It has a very nice roller slide and we (adult and kids) all had fun.

Since you are in this area, there is no reason not to visit Shin Minato Fisherman's Wharf. The sashimi and crabs are delicious and i like it that its not touristy. After lunch, drive a llittle to reach Kaio-maru park whereby it exhibits the sailing ship "Lady of the Sea". We did not enter the ship but rather bask in the gorgeous scenary of Tateyama mountain range in the backdrop on a good sunny day!

The highlight of this whole trip has to be a visit up the Tateyama Kurobe Alphine Route (it closes in Dec). If you were like to explore SNOW in November, the place to visit has to be Murodo. Being here is like a difference experience from the rest of the places you are likely to visit in November. Please google for more read up. In November, it is recommended to enter via Omachi .

by bubblystarz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread