Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Fuji and Kawaguchiko options 2019/7/1 22:16
First trip to Japan will be next April. We want to see Mt. Fuji (not just from Tokyo or the plane). Have heard that it is beautiful from Kawaguchiko. We could take a day trip from Tokyo, perhaps through Viator. But I'm wondering about traveling to Kawaguchiko as an overnight stop between Tokyo and either Osaka or Kyoto. We will be using public transportation. I am imagining getting up in the morning and hopefully being fortunate enough to have a nice view of the mountain over the lake before continuing on to our next destination. How much of a hassle would this be from a transportation point of view? As for possible day trips, does anyone have recommendations besides Viator? Their reviews online seem lukewarm. Thanks!
by Lorayne  

Re: Mount Fuji and Kawaguchiko options 2019/7/2 12:50
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji and Kawaguchiko options 2019/7/2 13:01
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji and Kawaguchiko options 2019/7/3 13:13
you can do it yourself. Catch the train to Kawaguchiko and use the local bus pass to travel the area. If you're LUCKY, you'll see great unobstructed views of Fujisan, I would also suggest going to Itchiku Kubota Museum. Yes, it's kimonos. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I'm really glad I went. I also enjoyed the sand painting performance at the music box museum.
Google "Kawaguchiko train" to get information on how to get there from Tokyo by rail.
by nealson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread