Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 10:24
I'm arriving at Narita at 4:25 pm and just discovered the last limo bus to my hotel is at 5:10 pm. I'm guessing there's no chance I can make the bus and should plan on using the NEX instead?
by Podie  

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 13:54
Depending on how crowded immigration is and how quickly your luggage comes out, you have a small chance. Also, sometimes flights arrive early. I myself not rarely am through everything in under 30 minutes from landing.

But it is certainly a good idea to know what your alternatives are in case you won't catch the bus.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 17:49
Limo buses run quite late - do you have an unusual destination/hotel? The trains are roughly the same price for trips into Tokyo (N'Ex) or much less for regular trains. Where are you actually going?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 19:05
It took a lot longer getting through last time we came in (May this year, terminal 2), at about that time. They didnt have many people on and some seemed to be chinese, maybe training for the games? I think it would have taken almost an hour to get through.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 20:03
Work was being done at T1 on April 21st and the immigration area was a total mess. Lines were extremely long and it took me about an hour to clear immigration, let alone baggage and customs....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 21:40
Hi!

I flew into Narita a little less than a month ago (JAL terminal 2) and had my fastest time ever through Immigration and Customs. I think it took less than 30 minutes including baggage claim. I was seriously shocked at how quick it was. I appreciated it though since I had a domestic connection to Itami and had no problem making it.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 22:31
Thank you all for your answers. I am going to the New Sanno Hotel, and even though I'll only have a carry-on, I would prefer to take the bus right to the front door if possible. Yes, I can take the Narita Express to Shinagawa and then a taxi, or a slightly slower train and make one or two transfers to Hiroo, the closest stop to the hotel, and walk 3 blocks. I would just prefer to go door to door after a 12 hour flight, and my first time in Japan. Oh, and I'm guessing it will be dark, also.
by Podie rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 22:37
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/7 22:57
Yes, that's the same page I've been using to plan my travel to the hotel. Hopefully I can leave the airport way before 8 pm but this is a last resort.
by Podie rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Customs at Narita 2019/7/8 08:32
Ah, definitely get a bus/shuttle. I know the area (my lawyers are based less than a minute from that hotel), and it's a bad location for transport links/getting around.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread