Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Information about Hachijojima island 2005/5/29 16:54
Friends, Would you please help me getting information about travel to and stay in Hachijojima island? Also, if any web link in ENG/ Tourist Information Centre is available, please let me know. Thanks. TA
by TA  

... 2005/5/30 08:54
by Uji rate this post as useful

The waters great 2005/6/11 06:30
ANA has 4 flites a day but is quite expensive. Tokaikisen ferry leaves Takeshiba Sanbashi (walking distance from Hamamatsucho JR station) about 10pm and is about Y5000/one-way. Sleep onboard and arrive on the island in the morning - highly recommended. Cheapest accommidation is Aogashima Kaikan Y2500/ Tel.04996-20766. There's a very nice free campgrounds with hot showers on the beach near where the ferry arrives. Come on out and enjoy the hot springs and tropical flowers! :)
by miki8jo rate this post as useful

Thanks 2005/6/12 21:00
Thank you very much Uji and Miki.

Regards,
TA
by TA rate this post as useful

also interested 2008/7/7 00:00
I'm also interested in information about Hachijo Jima - does anyone know any links etc?

How much is the ferry to the island? Is that for a seat or a bed? (futon?) Does it need to be booked in advance?

Does anyone else have recommendations for accommodation? (I'm on a budget :))

by bobsi18 rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/7 08:59
How much is the ferry to the island?

There is an overnight ferry from Tokyo every day:
22:30 depart Tokyo
09:30 arrive Hachijojima

Returning to Tokyo during the day:
10:10 depart Hachijojima
20:30 arrive Tokyo

Approximate one way fares are currently as follows. They are changing often these days due to fuel surcharges:

2nd class: 11,000 yen
Special 2nd class: 16,500 yen
1st class: 22,000 yen
Special 1st class: 27,500 yen
Special class: 33,000 yen

Here are photos of the various classes from highest to lowest:
http://www.tokaikisen.co.jp/guide/cabin1.html

If the boat is not booked out, I think you should be able to buy tickets at the pier on the departure date.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji :) 2008/7/7 10:21
Thanks for the reply. I've just looked on ANA, and can find flights for only Y11700 (Haneda-Hachijojima). Do you know if there are any other airlines that fly this route?

Accommodation? 2008/7/7 12:45
I have now done a fair amount of research, and think that ANA is the only airline that flies there.

Does anyone know about accommodation there? Preferably something I can book online? Looking for cheap (always!).

Thanks

reply to this thread