Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/29 04:42
Hello,
I will be in Tokio from 14 ( 9.00 am) to 28 ( 7.00pm) of August-can I buy a Nex Round Trip Ticket ?

by Agnes (guest)  

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/29 11:17
Pass is for 14 days. Not 15.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: N'EX TOKYO Round Trip Ticket 2019/7/29 11:43
You cannot make the round trip with this pair of discount tickets.

The both tickets
are good for 14 calendar days from the day of your ride from the airport.
The ticket to get back to the airport expires when August the 27th ends,
before your actual ride.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_nex.html

If you head back to the airport on the 27th, you can make it.

Your flight departure is in the evening,
so bus may be suitable for you to access the airport.
Low cost bus services connect Narita Airport and Tokyo
at 1000 yen or less per way.

Where in Tokyo will you stay?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/29 17:14
We have a reservation in APA HOTEL KODEMMACHO-EKIMAE
by Agnes (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/29 18:01
You might not know, but APA hotels are owned by a person who is very right wing and denies that atrocities were committed by Japan during the 2nd World War.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/APA_Group

I would rethink this booking and stay in an other low budget business hotel chain
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/29 18:18
LikeBike, you cannot say that often enough re APA.

I booked us into the one in Shinjuku, not knowing about the hotel's ownership. The cups in the room were dirty, and there were lipstick marks in the bathroom. There was no 'housekeeping' to call, and I realised the next morning how madly busy the staff were-they were run off their feet.

I always have a poke around hotel rooms, particularly reading materials, and was appalled by the toxic revisionist nonsense left for my information/entertainment.

Usually if I leave a review I try to accentuate the positives, but with this one, both barrels.

Never again will I stay at an APA.
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/30 08:48
I wouldn't highlight the reading material in the rooms, but APA have the reputation of being the smallest and worst of the small hotels. They are cheap for a reason.

Given the size and quality, I'm not convinced they are actually value for money. I'm happy to spend more for a more pleasant night's sleep, rather then saving a few (and usually not many) yen.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/30 17:53
APA, cheap? I normally always use the cheapest hotel I can find, and it's never APA. I slept in an APA once, because I had specific requirements that time and it was the only one that fit. Typical mid-range hotel; nothing remarkable either way.

Mixups always happen, that's life. I once had a hotel (not APA) mistakenly give me a room that had not been cleaned after the previous guest. I notified them and they moved me to another room, end of the story.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/30 22:45
I have spent in APA 20 nights (9 in Tokyo, Koto and 11 in Osaka) and did not find any problems regarding service or poor price-quality ratio. I have not found other hotels in similar price range (80 eur for a twin room) with a basic onsen-sento inside.

Regarding the attitude of the owner - Japan is a free speech country as much as i know and as long as he is not saying that Soviet occupation in Estonia did not exist and Siberian Gulag camps are holiday resorts, i would not complain :-).
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/31 01:38
@Lauriandres

Well he says that gcomfort womenh didnft exist, which I think is pretty close to the claim of non-existence of gulags. He also claims that the Nanjing massacre didnft happen (I guess there was also no occupation of Estonia by Soviet forces. All fake news) and he essentially says that Jews are the gglobal capitalisth which isnft too far from what anti Semitic groups claim/claimed.

So not really a friendly guy.

Yes, Japan is a free speech country and he is allowed to say all this. But we are allowed to disagree and to spend our accommodation budget elsewhere. Vote with your purse.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/14/national/apa-fire-time-an...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/31 04:04
Likebike,

I am not a history expert although i like to read about history of different countries; as much as i have heard-read about atrocities done by the japanese imperial army i have also read, that the APA boss mainly states (and it is said even in Wikipedia), that exact numbers are somewhat disputed (if i understood correctly - he does not say that Nanjing did not happened). The number of casualties, whether they were 100% civilians or not etc etc. As they say - history is written by the winners. Because the main opponent of the APA boss is the country who is the holy beacon of human rights :-) and who have done zero killings either in Tibet or Tiananmen Square then i am partially sure that some of that what happened in Nanjing might be exaggarated. Well, IMHO Japan and japanese people got anyway big enough punishment at the end of WW2 (lots of dead people due the bombings and Pacific theatre in general).
I was born in 1975 and heard enough crap from the news and at that time from well respected people, that capitalists are bad and Soviet forces are peacekeepers of the world (of course, nobody did not dare to say, what atrocities soviet troops did to local population before the germans arrived in 1941) and Gulag was only for criminals etc. etc. so i would not believe 100% what China says. I would like to have a chat with the APA boss to ask specific questions about his beliefs but, i guess that chance is as probable as the possibility for me to play in NBA :-).

Of course, i highly respect and recommend to vote with a wallet whenever possible if the attitude is not suitable for the beliefs. Whatever the situation is.

by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About Nex round trip ticket 2019/7/31 08:07
@Lauriandres

You can read the book next time you stay at an APA if you like, it will be there in the drawer of the bedside table.

It's great you've had good experiences, mine was atrocious-dirty room, no one to speak to to have it fixed. No housekeeping, and the desk clerk didn't want to hear about it.

Had it been the most beautiful hotel in the world, I probably wouldn't have got around to reading the book, but I did. Even if it was the most beautiful hotel in the world, I'd choose to not support that business because of the published values of the owner. Had I been aware of those values before I booked I wouldn't have booked the APA, which would have meant rearranging my plans somewhat.

There are plenty of hotels in Japan, lucky for me and LikeBike.
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread