Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 15:17
hello,

does anybody know where i can see the hello kitty shinkansen timetable?
is it still operating september 1st this year?

thanks
massl87
by massl87 (guest)  

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 15:38
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 20:20
thanks a lot, do you think it is still early enough to make a reservation for august 31st on august 11th?
by massl87 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 20:28
i do not know what this means

Use of Reserved Seating
- Please purchase reserved express tickets at the JR-WEST Ticket Office, Green Ticket Vending Machines or other designated locations from 10:00 a.m. one month before you plan to ride.
by massl87 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 20:29
Probably that will be fine; there are unreserved seats as well.

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 20:32
That text is probably a clumsy translation from Japanese to English; you can ignore it.

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 20:57
You can ignore that. It's probably telling you that you can purchase reserved seating one month in advance, just like any other train. I've run into that train just by chance a couple of times and it was nearly empty. Since it only does one return trip once a day and the fact it's an all-stops Kodama service, many people ignore it and take a quicker train service. Not saying this train isn't fast; it's about as fast as any of the Nozomi/Mizuho or Hikari/Sakura service trains (N700, N700A, N700-8000) running on the Sanyo Shinkansen (300kph/186mph). It's that it won't get you there quickly as it has to slow down to stop at each station.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Helly Kitty Shinkansen Timetable 2019/7/31 22:05
Actually the really decked up with Hello Kitty theme is Car no. 2 ie gKAWAII! ROOMh which is a non-reserved seat car. Other non-reserved seats are in cars 3, 7 & 8. Reserved seats are in cars 4, 5 & 6. Can't tell how busy it normally is as I only took from Kokura to Asa one very early morning. Read more about it https://www.japan-guide.com/blog/raina/180819.html
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread