Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/1 16:21
Hi,
I am first time to Tokyo.
I will be around Tokyo Station and would like to take Tokyo Metro - Marunouchi Line. After touring the information of Tokyo Station on YouTube, I was overwhelmed with its size and maze and I am not sure that I should go there for Tokyo Metro's Marunouchi Line. I am thinking of Otemachi St.

Is it a good idea to walk from the street in front of Yaesu North Entrance to Otemachi St. for Tokyo Metro (M18) or Should I take M17 at Tokyo Station ?

Thanks.
by First in Tokyo (guest)  

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 11:42
Unless you want to go for a walk I would get Marunouchi Line simply in Tokyo Station. From Yaezu entrance you essentially need to cross through the entire JR station, but you donft need to get INTO JR station. There is a kind of shopping arcade where you can pass through to the Marunouchi side and take the subway from there. Just follow the signs and take it slowly.

Enjoy your trip to Tokyo!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 12:05
Thanks a lot. Appreciate your kind reply.
by First in Tokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 13:11
If you can manage an airport, you can get around Tokyo Station. And, to get to the metro you do not go into the JR station anyway.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 14:33
Dear JapanCustomTours - Thanks a lot. I will toughen myself to get thru the maze of Tokyo Station. Will make a try.

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 15:12
M18 a bit closer but depends on arrival stn, so where to go and u like underground rail especially?
Anyway see the map, now published.
https://i.postimg.cc/66YDY1vC/JR-Tokyo-stn-around.png

And no shopping arcade in North free passege(1F and B1F)
like "GranSta" where yellow colored, inside of JR's ticket gates.
(1F)
https://www.tokyoinfo.com/access/assets_c/2019/02/A3_MAP_A_jpn_1F_2019...
(B1F)
https://www.tokyoinfo.com/access/assets_c/2019/02/A3_MAP_A_jpn_B1_2019...

Ur starting point will be near DAIMARU. (famous and next department store of JR Tokyo stn)
by C96soon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 15:19
Yes, if you happen to be on the east side (Yaesu, not Yaezu), there are two passageways on the northern end (B1F and 1F; but neither is a shopping arcade) that lead to the west (Marunochi) side where the Marunouchi-line Tokyo Station is located.

If you're already on the west side of JR Tokyo, just head underground.

Otemachi subway station is actually much more convoluted and maze-like than Tokyo station. Especially now that they're in the middle of construction work. I've noticed some problems with inconsistent signage there as well.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/2 18:10
Thanks to both C96soon and Umami Dearest.
Now, I am totally clear of getting from Yaesu North Entrance to Tokyo Metro's Marunouchi line. A million thanks.

Re: Otemahchi St or Tokyo St for Marunouchi Line 2019/8/3 09:51
At first glance the Tokyo Station complex can be confusing, but the place has lots of good signage and instructions on how to get to various platforms and exits. As mentioned above, some smaller stations can actually be more convoluted/confusing.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread