Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/5 01:05
Hi.

I'm bringing my parents to visit japan next year, and i want to take them to Kiyomizudera Temple.
But my parents has bad knees and since the temple is located in a hill, is it possible to have taxi to take us to the temple?
And if it's possible, where should we hail for taxi?
by wanw84  

Re: Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/5 12:13

And if it's possible, where should we hail for taxi?

We took a taxi from Kyoto station, and the driver dropped us at a closer point to the Temple possible. However, I have noticed that many taxis came closer to the temple entrance.
You can hail a taxi anywhere in Kyoto, best from your hotel (if you stay in Kyoto). Importantly, get the hotel staff to write in Japanese requesting a closer drop off point to the temple, so you parents do not have to walk that far.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/5 12:15
many taxis
sorry, ought to sat "some taxis"

Re: Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/5 22:06
Major hotels and major train stations have taxis standing by. But you can hail a taxi from a street corner - more traffic the better chance.
by 3sen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/6 10:11
I did what you want to do many years ago - you can get most of the way there, but there is still some walking you'll have to do. The area near Sannenzaka (Matsubara-dori) is closed to cars from morning til evening, and crammed full of tourists all day long. There is a slight incline but it shouldn't be a problem for your parents. You will be swimming through groups of people though. A bit farther south is a road that can take you up to about a 2 minute walk from the temple - it dead ends near the Kondo Sometsuke pottery museum. But there are some stairs to climb the rest of the way, so I don't know which is better for you.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/6 11:41
thanks for all of your responses.

I think that the less incline, the better as Kiyomizudera is not the only place we wish to visit. So i don't want my parents to tired out.
by wanw84 rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/8/6 13:37

This is the closest where a taxi can drop you off:
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.9955036,135.7830063,2a,90y,60.04h,73.8...

reply to this thread