Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fly to Japan with the help of Japan Embassy? 2019/9/5 21:20
Good day, I'm yuki, 25 years old. Half filipino and half japanese. I want to go to japan, I want to live with my father. I just met him last january 2016. We talked each other through skype and I asked him if he can help me fly to japan. Sadly he has no time for me to assist on my request because of his small business. I want to know if there is another way I can fly to japan to meet my dad that cost less or for free with the help of Japanese Embassy here in the Philippines.

I am hoping for your advice and recommendations.

Thank you.
by Noctis615  

Re: Fly to Japan with the help of Japan Embassy? 2019/9/6 06:26
No freebees. You need to pay your own way. You both need to fine the time and money to make this happen.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fly to Japan with the help of Japan Embassy? 2019/9/6 06:28
Any country needs to be sure that visitors can pay their own way, so that they don't illegally work in their country or become a burden on the local taxpayers. If you can't afford the flight, the embassy won't help you, and how could you afford your stay in Japan?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fly to Japan with the help of Japan Embassy? 2019/9/6 08:40
I do understand your situation, but you need to understand that support from the embassy is null I this case. There is no reason to support you since you are not in danger or other.
Meeting your father is a free choice.

You need to proceed the usual way to apply a short term visa.
If your father doesn't have time to support you than you need to keep asking, since he is the one we could arrange your long term visa.

When you visit Japan on a short term visa you cannot do much, since you need all relevant information from your father.

I wish you the best and hope you can find away.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Fly to Japan with the help of Japan Embassy? 2019/9/6 09:32
While you obviously know the nature of your relationship with your father and his work situation better than I do, I'd be a little concerned about a situation where I was planing to move to a foreign country if:
1. The cost of a one-way ticket is a major financial concern for me
2. The person who I'd be dependent on once I arrive is too bust to help me book a ticket.

Point 1 makes me think you're on a very tight budget, and won't be able to independently support yourself in Japan. That means you'll be reliant on your father for a period of time. However he says he's too busy to help you book a ticket, something that nowadays you can literally do in 10 minutes online. If he doesn't have that much time to help you (or has the time and doesn't want to spend it), that would make me wonder about his ability/willingness to provide food,shelter, and any other assistance you might need after you arrive in Japan.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fly to Japan with the help of Japan Embassy? 2019/9/6 09:52
Thank you for all your feedbacks. It is true, I feel like my father didn't want to help me. When we first met he was shock and he thought I was dead already. Maybe it's hard for him to accept me, because e never saw me born.

I really appreciated your efforts for attending and replying to this thread. God bless you all.
by Noctis615 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread