Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 02:18
Hi there,

My apologies if this question has already been answered in the past.

I have been living in Japan for almost 7 years now and my 3-year visa is coming to an end really soon. (3 weeks before my visa expires)

Here is my issue. My work contract will be over in less than 2 weeks, but fortunately I have a job offer for a new job. Thing is that I'm still struggling about choosing the right job, as I have other interviews coming up this week.

Because of some work/personal issues, the visa renewal procedure is running quite late, but I'm already filling the paper I can fill on my own.

I heard something about getting a 2-month extension on my visa even if I don't have a work sponsor the moment I submit my application. Is this true? (I would be really happy to have an official information, link, if there any)

This extension would insure me getting all the interviews and then choose the right job opportunity.

Also, if the above is correct, can I go abroad during this 2-month extension?

I would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you in advance!
by Odradek (guest)  

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 12:57
If your current employer is not going to renew/extend the contract with you, you need to renew it with a new sponsor/employer- otherwise you have no basis for you to be in Japan.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 13:04
Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
Thing is that I will have a job but I'm waiting for another interview/result before choosing.

So basically I'm wondering if an extension is possible even without a job. (I heard a 2 months extension is possible)
by Odradek (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 13:28
You "heard"? Why not ask whoever told you?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 14:19
You need to complete the renewal procedure fully - meaning with the new employment contract with the new employer who wants to hire you - before your current resident status expires. You cannot renew it just with your intention to work.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 14:21
Whoops, I should have written: you need to complete the renewal "application" procedure!
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 14:25
Okay, thank you very much for the reply!

So just to make things clear, I just can't have a new delay so I can decide on the employer?
by Odradek (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerning working visa renewal 2019/9/18 15:49
As other have said..

You need to apply for renewal before your current status expired.

IF your renewal application is accepted by immigration, then you are given 2 months extension from your expire status or until decision is made.

Whether immigration accept your renewal application without 'company sponsor/guarantee', that is something you need to check with immigration.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread