Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Request for work visa application rejection 2019/9/19 21:27
Greetings everyone,

I am currently in the process of having my Japanese work visa under consideration for approval. However, I no longer want to work for my company and would like to return back to the UK without my company knowing. I would like to know if it is possible to go to my local consulate and request for my own work visa rejection? Without it getting back to my company that I want to cancel my work visa. I am currently on a tourist visa. Situation is bonkers, I know
by UKaussie771 (guest)  

Re: Request for work visa application rejection 2019/9/20 13:06
So you are in Japan now, on Temporary Visitor Status (which is still valid until you move out I hope), the company has applied for a change of status for you from Temporary Viditor to one of the Work types, but you want to "withdraw" (not reject) your application because you no longer wish to work for that company?

You go to the immigration bureau where the application was made, and ask to have the application withdrawn.
However, since the application is based on the employment contract with your employer, they will want to check with the employer that you no longer will work for them...so it is likely immigration will contact them. Also I would think it would be better for everyone if you went to your employer to convey your intention... so that they can look for another candidate sooner, and also they would not have biase against hiring non-Japanese people?
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread