Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shiragawago Stay 2019/9/24 17:31
I planned to stay one night(28/Oct) in Shiragawago from my Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama trip. However, I found there is limited choice of accommodation there through Booking.com, Agoda etc and always divert to Takayama, Kanazawa or other place when you tried to book there for the 1 night stay. Except I found Minshukus through Japan-guide but it is quite pricey for 2 persons. Would it be good experience to stay Minshukus over Shiragawago or I should stay out of Shiragawago which has more choice? Please help to advice.
by CK (guest)  

Re: Shiragawago Stay 2019/9/25 13:46
Shirakawago is quite small, which is why there is limited accommodation. Staying in one of the thatched roof houses would be a unique experience, but is more pricey because they house less people than a hotel, and also usually provide meals (like a ryokan).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shiragawago Stay 2019/9/25 20:28
www.japaneseguesthouses.com
Yes it's more expensive to stay in a gassho-zukuri but the historical value is the reason.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread