Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/27 14:15
I am currently trying to do the application process and will be in Tokyo from Oct. 27-31, but the place is closed from 10- 31 stating that it was for a special occasion? Is there any way that I can get around it? What is the special occasion?
by Alice Liu (guest)  

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/28 15:23
I believe it is related to the Ceremony of the Enthronement of His Majesty the Emperor at the Seiden (State Hall).

https://japan.kantei.go.jp/ongoingtopics/pdf/Details.pdf

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/29 04:00
So there is absolutely no way that I can go see it?
by Alice (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/29 04:54
Considering that ANA has cancelled many flights around that date due to possible air congestion at Haneda, with all the diplomatic flights landing an d taking off, I think your chances of seeing the Imperial Palace are less than zero.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/29 06:15
Can I at least see the gardens?
by Alice (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/29 07:39
Security will be tight all over. I doubt you'll be able to get near there.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/29 09:37
Maybe go and see something better? For a long time the palace wasn't open to the public and it was one of the more over-rated destinations in the city.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Why is the imperial palace closed? 2019/9/29 10:22
I loved the Imperial Palace, but I'm a history and politics geek. As simply a pretty place to look at, there are many better.

The other thing I loved with my history and politics geek hat on is the Diet. We got a (free) personal tour with an english speaking security guard-we followed the main tour around-and it was great. The Marunouchi Tourist Bureau rang ahead for us on the morning, and arranged the time.
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread