Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How is life in Hirakata, Japan? 2019/10/14 18:06
Hi, I am going to hirakata for an exchange year at Kansai Gaidai, how is life in hirakata?I will be doing an homestay program, so i am curious about what there is to do and see in hirakata, and if there are any local festivals there etc.
Is hirakata considered a rural place in japan?
by samujagi (guest)  

Re: How is life in Hirakata, Japan? 2019/10/15 08:51
Hirakata is not rural. It's about 30 min by train to downtown Osaka. Your university is about 10 min by bus from Hirakata station. Many students live in and around Hirakata.
by Dunit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How is life in Hirakata, Japan? 2019/10/15 09:47
I have friends who went to Kansai Gaidai. They loved it. As PP said, it's not rural at all. It's an express stop on the Keihan line, so pretty convenient to both Osaka and Kyoto.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: How is life in Hirakata, Japan? 2019/10/15 11:34
It has been a long time I have studied at Kansai Gaidai.
10 years ago. I had the change to go to Sophia but I prefer Osaka more than Tokyo.
I may get many disagrees :)

The dormitories are 10-15 min by walk and where good.
I had the best time of my life. The city it self is not so exited but by train you are easily in Kyoto or Osaka.
There are some shops around the school but not that special.

Amusement park is fun to go :)

Join some after school activities, they are a great contribution on your skills and social life here in Japan.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread