Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Re-married again with my ex husband 2019/10/25 08:53
Me and my Japanese husband divorced way back 2011 we have 1 child and the custody is with him. Before we divorced we went to court because he dont want to sign the divorce paper at the end the court grant the divorce and sent me back in the Philippines. After that we still have communication because of our child, almost 9 yrs of separation he ask me again if I wat to go back and start again since both of us are free. My question is what status or visa do I need?
What are the documents needed? COE I think this is not applicable because we used to marry and I have the marriage contract in the Philippines since no divorce here. Your answer are very much appreciated thank you
by Yuri (guest)  

Re: Re-married again with my ex husband 2019/10/25 09:29
at the end the court grant the divorce and sent me back in the Philippines.
In Japan record, you are divorced. You went back to the Philippines after that, so I'm guessing your resident status (spouse or ..) also void/cancel.
So, basically you have to start again from zero, just like what you did before.
Get a married again (register in Japan), COE and spouse visa application.
This is a matter of Japanese side.

I have the marriage contract in the Philippines since no divorce here
HOWEVER, you may have problem on the Philippines side, since you said your divorce is not recorded.
You will have to present some documentation about your marriage status, which will not match with what in Japan.
This will create problem with COE/visa application.

That is how I'm looking at it.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-married again with my ex husband 2019/10/25 15:32
I remember the documents needed here in the Philippines are the marriage contract authenticated and my passport, I sent it to my husband and waited for a month and release my visa.. You think this is also the process?
by Yuri (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-married again with my ex husband 2019/10/26 05:47
Basically you will have to marry again and apply for spouse visa again from scratch.
So I would say you will to do the same process and documentations as what you did the first time.
Better go check and confirm with immigration lawyer or relevant authority.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread