Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3-year degree enough to get an IT job? 2019/11/10 17:04
I'm from India and I have a 3-year cs degree and no industry experience. I'm currently doing my 3-year master's just for the sake of getting a 4+ year degree, I'm thinking of dropping out and self-study at home full time, since colleges in India are a huge waste of time, but i really wanna settle in japan asap and I've heard that you need a 4+ year degree be eligible for a work visa. What if the person applying has no industry experience but is really skilled and has done impressive projects? Will the company be able to sponsor his/her visa?
by Rishi (guest)  

Re: 3-year degree enough to get an IT job? 2019/11/10 18:34
I've heard that you need a 4+ year degree be eligible for a work visa.

As usual with "I've heard"-statements, that is false.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3-year degree enough to get an IT job? 2019/11/11 10:03
Some countries it is only three years to get a degree - my undergrad degree was only three and recognised everywhere I needed it to be counted. Other countries they take four years - maybe not as much course work.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 3-year degree enough to get an IT job? 2019/11/11 13:24
As long as the company is willing to hire you and sponsor your visa, immigration wonft block it. A college degree is a college degree.

I do want to point out that Japan have one of the lowest if not the lowest compensation for IT/software engineers among developed nations, so you should have other reasons for coming.
by eee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread