Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About my child 2019/11/11 08:11
Goodmorning i want to ask something

I am currently pregnant now turning 4 months this month, what if my japanese husband suddenly divorce me ? What will happen to me and to my baby ?

Im looking forward for the answer
Thank you.
by Sellie  

Re: About my child 2019/11/11 18:04
There are too many factors that would affect the outcome. Presumably, the child will be a Japanese citizen born in Japan. Will the father demand custody? If do, you're in for a battle and should get a good lawyer. If not, you can probably get "Long-term resident" status so you can raise your child in Japan, if that is your wish and if you are deemed able to do so.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my child 2019/11/11 18:41
For me its okay even though he dont want to support the child any financially, I will be happy enough if my baby will be a Japanese citezen.

I just want to stay here in japan and born and raise my baby here by my own.
by Sellie rate this post as useful

Re: About my child 2019/11/11 20:54
I will be happy enough if my baby will be a Japanese citezen.
Won't happen unless your Japanese husband/baby father acknowledge the baby birth and recorded in his koseki.

If you got divorce, you will need to change your spouse status. As previous poster mentioned, Long Term resident is the best option, or 'working' status if you are working, company willing to sponsor.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my child 2019/11/11 23:03
Isn't the husband automatically recognised as the father if the mother is married or divorced recently enough that she was still married at the presumed time of conception?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About my child 2019/11/11 23:11
when you count the days from the divorcing date,
if the baby is born within 300 days, the baby is considered as a baby of both of you and your husband. (i.e. your baby will join to your husband koseki.)
if the baby is born after 300 days, the baby is considered as no father baby. you need to request him acknowledgment, 認知, of the baby.
civil code article 772.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread