Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/19 18:16
hi, i contacted Klook regarding my Hakone Pass, and i was messaged that i have to drop of my pass at Shinjuku, which is impossible for me because i will travel from Hakone to Kyoto directly (so i will not be going back to Tokyo).
Do you know if this info is accurate 100% ?
Thanks in advance
by JohnBit  

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/20 08:07
Drop off or pick up?
Why use Klook - you can just buy on the day.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 02:26
Drop off.. that's the weird thing.
I will be traveling on April and i am worried that such passes will soon sell out.
I noticed that from time to time there is no availability for such bookings, so i was thinking of purchasing it in advance.

Any alternatives?

thanks again for the assistance
by JohnBit rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 03:23
Just buy it in person at Tobu service center at Odawara station on day of.

Whatever you are looking at sounds like a scam.
by M2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 06:19
This may be a first for me, but I have never heard of a pass of any kind, and I've used many, where you had to return, or as you say, drop off. That sounds idiotic to me.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 06:31
..I've also not heard of passes selling out. Tickets to events sell out, seats on a train or bus sell out, I've heard of attendance caps at amusement parks, but never a pass selling out since passes don't guarantee a seat on a specific mode of transport at a specific time.

Are you sure the pass you bought doesn't just include a round trip to Shinjuku (which you are not obligated to take)

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 07:44
With the exception to passes being express passes to USJ which are more jump to the front of the line vs. a train or bus pass.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 08:02
First - tickets will not be on sale until a month before your travel. If you have paid for something already, Klook have your money and no actual ticket.
Second, Odakyu Railways just print the "Free Pass" (assuming that is what you are getting) and they don't run out.
Third, going through Klook still seems unnecessary.

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 09:41
Sorry I meant Odakyu service not Tobu at Odawara. Mixed up my rail companies. (Tobu is for Nikko).

by M2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/21 18:46
ƒ«ƒÍ i have not yet paid for any pass, because it didn't add up. Thank you for your input. I will purchase my pass at Odawara and use my IC card to buy a one way ticket from Shinjuku to Odawara, not combined to any type of pass (just a plain ticket maybe for the romance train, which i read that is worth upgrading for).

I think this is what most of you suggested after all.
by JohnBit rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone pass drop off at Shinjuku? 2019/11/22 08:40
You can buy the pass at Shinjuku for operation from Odawara and use suica for the Shinjuku-Odawara leg. The staff at the service counter are sometimes over-helpful, but just explain you will not do the return and do not want the Shinjuku leg included.

reply to this thread