Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best option advice for last night in Osaka 2019/11/25 02:35
Hi, we've got an 18 night Japan holiday booked in April. Just topping and tailing the the final few nights accommodation. For our last 4 nights, we're booking 2 nights in Osaka, then already have a temple stay on Mt Koya booked for the 3rd night. We're returning to Osaka from there for our last night, before flying back to the UK from Osaka International (KIX) with a 10.25am flight. I'm wondering where best to stay for the 4th and final night? Back in Osaka itself or at a hotel near Osaka airport? Not knowing Japan at all, I'm slightly concerned about getting from Osaka out to the airport on the Tuesday morning so we don't miss the flight but also don't particularly want to spend our final night at an airport hotel, if we could still pack in some further Osaka sights on our last night. All advice for a middle aged couple gratefully received. Many thanks! Cheers, Nigel
by Nigelgta  

Re: Best option advice for last night in Osaka 2019/11/25 17:05
For easy train access to KIX from Osaka we like to stay in the Namba area. You can choose a hotel close to the Nankai Namba station and take an early train to KIX on the morning of your departure.

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Best option advice for last night in Osaka 2019/11/25 17:08
Agreed. We stayed at Swissotel in similar circumstances, it was very handy to the station and very pleasant. I didnt like the area though, just shops and shops, so I wouldnt bother getting in early or anything.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best option advice for last night in Osaka 2019/11/25 19:31
I would also recommend to buy the limited express tickets for Nankai train on the previous day if possible (should you stay in the Namba on your final night).
Also, reserve some time in the morning for transfer, specially if you have luggage. My walking time from Hanshin Namba platform to Nankai platform with luggage was about 20 minutes. Probably doable under 10 minutes if you hurry.

BR,
LAURI
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best option advice for last night in Osaka 2019/11/26 07:18
You could do it either way, but unless you are a slow and listless late riser, why not spend your last few hours seeing more of Osaka? There are some great places with night views you could see - Abeno Harukas, Umeda Sky Bldg, Cosmo Tower, etc.
http://goo.gl/XE5R94
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread