Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/2 13:17
Hi, we're travelling from Odawara to Izu-Atagawa Station. Is this journey covered by the JR East Nagano Niigata pass? Or does the pass cover only part of the journey. I was looking at the service area map and it seems like the JR East line terminates at Ito, but then there is a 'non-JR East line' that continues to Izu Shimoda. I'm a little confused about the coverage of the pass.
by Lynn (guest)  

Re: Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/2 18:22
Yes, it is covered.

Izu-Atagawa Station is located along the Izukyu Railway, which is also covered by the pass, as explained here (the pass does cover a few non-JR lines):
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_nagano_niigata.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/2 19:37

Try to reserve The Super View Odoriko train for the journey if you could. Lovely train!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

How about Shinjuku to Yokohama 2019/12/2 22:37
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find any available trains earlier as I did not realise the Odoriko trains run only a few times a day.

I actually still can't find any trains that will depart at Odawara in the evening toward Izu that is covered by the JR line. Or perhaps it is just not available for seat reservations.

I see that Yokohama is in the region serviced by JR East Nagano Niigata pass. But when I try to use googlemap to find a train from Shinjuku to Yokohama, none of the lines are JR lines. It shows Shonan-Shinjuku Line, Fukutoshin Line etc instead.

How do I use the JR East pass to get from Shinjuku to Yokohama? Thanks in advance.
by Lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/2 22:53
Shonan-Shinjuku line IS one of the JR train lines.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/3 09:49
Odawara to Izu-Atagawa, departure from 8pm, excluding the Shinkansen because it's not covered in that area:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=ODAWARA&arv_nod...

All those routes are covered. Yes, the part between Ito and Izu-Atagawa is not on the JR line, but your pass still covers it.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/3 10:08
Thank you. I thought the train line must display JR in order for the pass to be valid.

I could not find a list of all the train lines under JR East, can anyone please help point me in the right direction?
by Lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Odawara to Izu - JR East Nagano Niigata pass? 2019/12/3 16:41
The information on what's covered by your pass is given in the link given by Uji above.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread