Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/2 22:50
Hi,

I intend to reserve seat tickets online for my JR EAST PASS (Nagano, Niigata) and pick up the JR pass as well as the seat tickets at Narita Airport upon arrival.

I tried reserving the seat tickets online but when it came to selecting the station ticket window and the pick up date, I saw this...

*2: Please note that reserved seat tickets in the pass valid area booked with a JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) (Nagano, Niigata area), JR TOKYO Wide Pass or a Hokuriku Arch Pass cannot be picked up.

Does it mean that I cannot reserve online and pick up at Narita or any of the station ticket windows?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
by Lynn (guest)  

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 07:52
Let me say first that I have never tried to use the online reservation system but I plan to early next year so have been reading up on it a little. Since Narita is definitely in the area of that pass there must be another reason. The only thing that came to my mind is that the instructions say you must pick up your reserved ticket the day before your train reservation date....are you planning to start your travel the day your arrive - if so, maybe that's the problem...
Hope that helps!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 08:03
I'm booking for a trip that is several days after I arrived, and I get the same footnote no matter which ticket window I choose, eg in Shinjuku station as well.
by Lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 08:14
You are reading it wrong. You missed the context that these are explanations for the different ticket offices and they are the asterix notes that go with the following table. You will see Narita airport has no *2 by it. The *2 ticket windows are in Hokkaido.

https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/co...
and
https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/co...
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 08:38
The link posted by JCT only says *1 for Narita which appears to be Hokkaido Rail Pass stations.....very peculiar....

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 10:06
Thanks, I didn't realise the * are points for a particular ticketing window.
by Lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 11:45
I am finding this very confusing - please let me know how you end up making your reservation....good luck!

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/3 18:18
There is nothing confusing at all; Narita is marked with *1, which means that if you reserve a ticket with a Hokkaido Rail Pass, you cannot pick it up there. End of.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/4 08:25
It is not confusing.

Look at the table and you see there are notes against some of the ticket pick-up points. The *2 notes are for ticket windows in HOKKAIDO.

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Reserve seat tickets and pick up at Narita 2019/12/4 09:12
Yes, ...(guest) and JCT, I get that.... but the original poster wanted to reserve a seat at a station within the JR East - Nagano, Niigata - Pass area...that pass does not cover any place in Hokkaido...

reply to this thread