Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR-West online reservation. No Hikari option? 2019/12/9 07:40
Hello,

I'm currently trying to reserve seats for shinkansen from tokyo to kyoto on the JR-West online site for the 30th december (since I can't use the JR Pass). My problem is there are only trains shown with the type "nozomi". Does anyone have experience with this site?
Here the direct link
https://e5489.jr-odekake.net/e5489/ibpc/CBTrainEntryExternalPC?LANG=en...

best regards
by foxmind  

Re: JR-West online reservation. No Hikari option? 2019/12/9 09:40
Look at the drop-down list next to "Use Shinkansen" in the search settings.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West online reservation. No Hikari option? 2019/12/9 12:07
JR West does not include the Tokyo to Kyoto portion of the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen. JR West only does the Shin-Osaka to Hakata portion.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West online reservation. No Hikari option? 2019/12/9 12:45
Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I see, JR-West online reservation system allows you to reserve Tokaido Shinkansen from Tokyo to Shin-Osaka now.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/howto/train-reservation/condition/?...

As for Hikari option, you should select "Shinkansen (Hikari, Kodama) from the pull-down menu just right of "Use Shinkansen" check box.

As far as I understand, JR-West allows you to reserve online, but you can not reserve using your Rail Passes.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West online reservation. No Hikari option? 2019/12/9 21:53
Thanks for the answers.
Indeed I oversaw the filtering option in the search.
by foxmind rate this post as useful

Re: JR-West online reservation. No Hikari option? 2019/12/10 05:52
If youfre not using a JR Pass, why would you not want a Nozomi, given they are far more frequent and make fewer stops?
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread