Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/22 18:33
Postcard received yesterday after 2 months and half of waiting. But postcard is not the one we signed when we applied for visa. They indicate the date and time that we need to go there and need to go to window 5. It also indicated that we need to pay 4000yen. Im not sure if the result is good or bad. And also they asked us to come with someone who can speak japanese. Does anyone have experienced like these? TIA
by Ryan (guest)  

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 11:02
I'm having trouble understanding your English, but if it makes you feel any better, it would be pretty strange for the Immigration Bureau to say "Your request was denied. Now come pay us 4,000 yen," so my hunch would be that you got, at least partially, what you were asking for.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 14:02
Sorry for my english.
Actually i thought its positive until i read a post below. Just want to know if below info is 100% sure.

\\\\\\-
[About postcards sent from immigration]

A postcard will be sent to notify the result of visa application (change / extension) from immigration.

From the postcard, you can determine whether it is a notification of permission or not.

First, if you have permission, you will be prompted to buy and bring a Revenue Stamp as shown in the image of this post.

At this time, the deadline is written, but there is no particular date specified. It should also indicate that it can be received by a specific person other than yourself.

On the other hand, if it is not permitted, the following matters are often described.

E Bring 4,000 yen in cash
E Come to immigration at the designated date and time
E The applicant must appear.

If your visa application is disapproved, you will be able to hear from the examiner why your application was rejected once in immigration. Since this is a procedure stipulated in the Administrative Law, the person who made the application has the right.

This ghearing the reason for disapproval directly from the examinerh has a very important meaning as to whether you can obtain a visa by reapplying. Because if you know the reason for the disapproval, you can correct it and apply again.

As mentioned above, when there is a high possibility of disapproval, the postcard that notifies the result can make a prediction in advance, so you should prepare well before going into immigration. Please do not miss the opportunity to speak directly with the examiner to get your visa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

JAPAN VISA SUPPORT
Operated by MINATO Immigration Law Office

OfficeF050-3552-3710
LawyerF070-2670-5361
by Ryan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 16:32
You have to pay 4000 yen, which indicates you got your visa.
Congratulations and now off to the immigration to pick it up
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 17:01
You're almost there.

Seems like when you receive postcard mentioning windows/counter A1, then it is guarantee approval.

As for windows/counter D5, then further checking/interview before they approve your application. They just need to confirm few thing before final approval.

Then again, asking you to bring fees 4000yen is almost .. almost approval.

Good luck.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 17:03
kind of same situation albeit different matter.
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+172922

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 18:29
Sorry for the confusion. Its written in the postcard that we need to bring 4000yen. ( not pay) Hopefully we can get the Visa. Because on the link i sent above its not permitted if they say that you need to go to D5 counter. But thank you for the encouragement will update you on Monday after our meeting with the immigration. Godbless you all!

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/23 22:58
Dude you DONT pay 4000 you pay it with a stamp....
The fact that it says 4000 yen should be enough for you to know that is positive.
Like stop being this negative man . I have been through it as well but cool off and stop asking the same over and over again.

90% of us think that your result is positive . If you are still not convinced what can we do?
After all what we think doesn't really matter the ones having the final answer will be the immigration officers.
by saltystormspirit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/24 07:52
Take your 4000 yen (for the payment stamp) and go to immigration - why worry about it until you get there - you're over-thinking things.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/27 16:30
Update : Visa Denied

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/27 20:26
Sorry to hear that Ryan

I hope you can get this matter sorted in the future

your card was different from mine and mine was accepted, it said bring 4000 yen revenue stamp, come within 3 weeks (no appointment) and go to the postcard counter(ie the one for successful applicants)

i guess saying bring 4000 cash, come to a special counter and at a specific sign means its not accepted or declined until after you speak with them?
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of status (dependent to instructor) 2020/4/28 06:58
Soory to hear about your change of status being denied.
Apologies if this question is too much to ask.

Was there any reason given ?

At he counter, did they just straight up answer 'sorry, your change of status is not approved' or

did they interview/ask some question before inform your change of status is not approved.

reply to this thread