Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Contract signed, visa at risk 2020/4/24 00:40
Hello.

I secured a job in Japan and the contract is supposed to be started at July 1st. However, due to the current situation of Covid19 Pandemic, the visa process is temporarily stopped.

I am wondering, if ever i failed to get the visa before 1st of July, what will happen to my job contract? Please explain.

Thank you for your attention, time and explanation.

sincerely,
Def
by Def (guest)  

Re: Contract signed, visa at risk 2020/4/24 09:50
you can do nothing.
my expectation is that you can't come to Japan. it is better to find another job in your country. nothing is illegal, when you break the contract, because it is caused by the virus.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Contract signed, visa at risk 2020/4/24 11:37
This is an issue that you should be discussing with your company. Don't you have a contact person? A lot is current uncertain about the future, such as visa matters and a financial crisis. The company may be forced to cancel the contract because of financial troubles, or they may postpone new hirings, or they may not be able to make a decision yet. But if it is a decent company, then they should at least be able to update you on their current situation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Contract signed, visa at risk 2020/4/26 09:13
I worked on work Visa for 7 years in Japan initially. Please dont worry, you have not done anything wrong. Everyone knows about the situation. please keep in touch with your company and keep them updated. Recruitment are also slowed down, it may just postpone. Once the situation comesto normal, the things will move.
by g21 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread