Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alien Card/ Visa Question 2020/5/14 16:43
Hi guys. I am currently under a dependent visa and my alien card will expire December next year. I plan on going back to my country May next year and return to Japan in December just to renew my alien card.
Will my application be rejected for the reason being I am not using my visa to live in Japan?

Is it possible to live in my home country for months/years and come back to Japan just to update/renew my visa/alien card status?

I want to keep my visa while living outside of Japan. The reason being I want to live in Japan in the future.
by jjrm (guest)  

Re: Alien Card/ Visa Question 2020/5/14 22:41
dependent visa .... not using my visa to live in Japan .... keep my visa while living outside of Japan

You yourself is doubting whether this is feasible or not. Well most probably not going to happen.
Also where do your spouse/parent come to play in this, since you are relying on them for the dependent status.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alien Card/ Visa Question 2020/5/14 23:49
My father has a working visa here. I would like to go back to my home country and proceed with my studies. If I give up my dependent visa, will I be able to go back to japan in the future with a different visa (assuming some company would hire me and provide working visa)?
by jjrm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alien Card/ Visa Question 2020/5/15 01:52
Technically you can but it takes weeks for extension and you might have to produce supporting document from ward office. If you want to go all the way to re-register yourself in ward office and wait in Japan until extension is done you can do it

The future visa would be evaluated on it own merits
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alien Card/ Visa Question 2020/5/15 10:16
If you live away from your parent for months (maybe) or years (!), then that means you donft have to live in Japan to be supported by the parent. Also I donft know how old you are, but please note that gdependenth status has its limits in terms of age (not clearly written, but if you are over 18, then the purposed of your stay in Japan might be considered not to be supported by your parent(s) and just live here, but other purposes such as working).
If you qualify for another type of visa in the future, certainly, you can apply for that.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread