Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Corona and visa renewal 2020/5/30 11:26
I submitted to renew my visa.
A friend told me that it might take time due to corona virus.

How long that might takes?

Please share your experience here :)
by soy (guest)  

Re: Corona and visa renewal 2020/5/31 11:02
When have you applied?
by rosary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Corona and visa renewal 2020/5/31 17:29
I think, during self-restriction in Japan, many foreigners stopped to renew their resident status, because immigration said delaying is OK. so, small number of application during that time.
but, be aware that you need to renew the status, in any way. applications may increase after self-restriction. I think this kind of application will be treated first-come-first-processed. you will have the result early. you are a smart guy.

many people have started to lose their jobs. after self-restriction, job losing will increase more. it is better for foreigners that their applications will be granted before they may lose their job in future.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Also subbmited for visa 2020/6/4 07:21
I went to immigration tokyo last monday , there were many people but things went smoothly and I could finnish quickly.
I will be waiting too.

Probably it might take much time to get the postcard from them...
by nina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Corona and visa renewal 2020/6/5 16:02
I wouldn't worry about it. They already know that people are going to be delayed due to the situation, but now that it's getting better, things are returning back to normal slowly. One of my coworkers did their renewal and got it only 2 weeks after turning in their completed application form.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Corona and visa renewal 2020/6/6 22:58
I just have to wait then :)
I wanna renew myNumber id before it expires, but I cant do it before getting my renewed zaryucard.
I hope it will not take more than 2 weeks
by soy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread