Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing job 2020/6/19 16:14
Hello
I have to live in Japan for two years as a student. I have started a full-time job in April and get a work visa. But my company decided to shrink jobs due to coronavirus. So, I am planning to change my job before without working for one year. I am okay to change the position because I was not happy with that company.

When I change to a job, I have to inform immigration.

Which papers do I need? Do I need Œ¹ò’¥Žû•[ (GENSEN CHOSHU HYOU)? But I only take salary two times since April. How can I show those documents?

Thank you.
by Henriy (guest)  

Re: Changing job 2020/6/19 18:16
As far as the immigration authorities are concerned, you just need to inform them (1) that you quit company A, and (2) that you started at company B, if the work you do at A and B fall within the same visa category. The change(s) need to be reported within 14 days of the changes happening. Probably they will want to see the new employment contract with company B to confirm that you really are/will be working at the new company.

As far as other papers are concerned, if you are employed full-time as gseishain,h yes, when you change companies mid-year, you receive: ŒÙ—p•ÛŒ¯”í•ÛŒ¯ŽÒØ (employment insurance card, if you were enrolled), ”N‹àŽè’  (pension book), and Œ¹ò’¥Žû•[ from company A and take it to company B. If you quit before you find the next employer, you also need to get —£E•[ from company A (you will probably receive it by post at a later date).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job 2020/6/19 18:36
When I change to a job, I have to inform immigration.
You need to report any changes relate to your resident status within 14 days.

by post
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/19.html

by email.
https://www.ens-immi.moj.go.jp/NA01/NAA01S/NAA01SEventAction?hdnGng=L2

Do I need Œ¹ò’¥Žû•[ (GENSEN CHOSHU HYOU)?
Youdon't need it for above but will need it for new company. You company should provide it when you quit your job. Also other document.

https://medium.com/@chelseywinkel/how-i-changed-jobs-in-japan-bcf7ba4c...

Also, if you change job that is different from your current resident status, you will also need to apply for change of status to suit your new job. Which you cannot start work until this is approved.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job 2020/6/20 09:10
About Œ¹ò’¥Žû•[(Withhold tax slip), even if you work for one month, the company has to give the Withhold tax slip to the employees. I worked one company only for 3 weeks, they provided Withhold tax slip. Please dont worry, you ask your company about it. Get employment letter and other documents from new company for extending the visa. Its very simple.
by guest11 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job 2020/6/21 17:48
Thank you very much for your kind answers. I appreciate it.
by henriv rate this post as useful

reply to this thread