Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pregnant in Japan on a temporary visit status 2020/6/23 16:09
I got pregnant here in Japan while on a Temporary Visit status, my visa expires May 2020 but because of the coronovirus situation I am allowed to stay till Aug 2020.

1) Will the hospitals/clinic accept me for a check up even without insurance?
2) Am I eligible to get a National Health Insurance in city hall? (Because I read somewhere that you can get this if you are staying in Japan for more than 90 days, I came to Japan February 2020 and allowed to stay till Aug.2020)
by kris (guest)  

Re: Pregnant in Japan on a temporary visit status 2020/6/24 10:12
1. Just pay for services rendered.

2. No you cannot as a temp. No matter the lentgh of temp stay.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnant in Japan on a temporary visit status 2020/6/24 14:36
If a child was born in Japan during temporary visit, is there possibility to get residence card for a child?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnant in Japan on a temporary visit status 2020/6/24 15:09
No chance. Most countries closed those new baby citizen loopholes decades ago.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnant in Japan on a temporary visit status 2020/6/24 15:28
1) Will the hospitals/clinic accept me for a check up even without insurance?
2) Am I eligible to get a National Health Insurance in city hall? (Because I read somewhere that you can get this if you are staying in Japan for more than 90 days, I came to Japan February 2020 and allowed to stay till Aug.2020)

1) You can visit, just you need to pay the bills 100% and you can get a X% back from your insurance company.

2) No you are not eligible since you are not a citizen (one of the requirements)
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Pregnant in Japan on a temporary visit status 2020/6/24 20:54
I am allowed to stay till Aug 2020
But not with resident status, you are still on Temporary visitor status.

1. Yes but you'll be charged 100% (compare to resident who wil pay only 30%). Do you have travel insurance or insurance(home country) ? Check if they reimburse your overseas treatment cost.

2. No, since you are not resident (no resident status,only temporary visitor).
Reside in Japan more than 90 days with proper resident status.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread