Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to inquire about noise? 2020/7/5 23:22
I wonder, where do you write to in case of noise from neighbours? I'm not talking about neighbours from the same apartment. It's from the house next door.
He is a farmer and has some sort of machine, I'm not sure what it is. It makes a loud barking dog sound all night long. Maybe it's a well?
My Japanese is much too bad to just approach him. I fear it would just make the situation more worse. I mean I'd even give him the money for the repair if finances are bad for him now.
So I think it would be good if some official checked the situation and kindly asks him to repair it.
I wrote to the city but got no answer. 😔
by WortPirat  

Re: Where to inquire about noise? 2020/7/6 10:41
Any gotherh neighbor you can talk to, so that you can together go talk to either him directly, or take it to city hall together? If it goes on all night long, you do have a legitimate reason to complain and ask him to stop it. Giving money doesnft sound like a good idea.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Where to inquire about noise? 2020/7/6 14:05
If you are afraid of your Japanese skill, could you bring a friend with you to translate? If you don't say anything, then nothing will happen and the sound will continue on.

Don't just give someone money to HOPE that they will fix the issue. I'd first speak to him to find out what really is going on and then go from there.

If worse comes to worse, go to the landlord or the city hall to speak and ask them about it.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to inquire about noise? 2020/7/6 16:41
One would typically talk to in person or throw in a note anonymously to either of the following:

- Your landlord, if you're renting your residence.
- The chairman of the board of your building, if you own a room in an apartment building.
- The head of your neighborhood community. (If you have a "kairanban" circulating bulletin coming around, it's the head person of the circulation.)
- Your local city hall.
- Your local police station. (Policemen would talk to the farmer while on patrol.)

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Where to inquire about noise? 2020/7/6 17:18
Thanks for your answers!

I thought about writing to the police too as I found an online form, but I felt it might make too much fuss.
At least from my countries perspective police would elevate this to a whole other level. So I was a bit shy with that option so far.

I will try again to find a mail contact to the local city hall. So far I wrote to the environment department of the uhm municipality? city office.

I already contacted the rental management agency but they said they can't do anything as it is not in the same house.
Other neighbours moved out recently and the new ones and old ones can all just speak Japanese and likely won't hear much as due to layout the noise is shielded...by my apartment -_-
I don't have a friend to go with as well unfortunately.

I'm not sure if there is a head of the neighbourhood community. Sometimes some old people come to my apartment. But they make the appearance of those religious converts, so I never answer them ^^
by WortPirat rate this post as useful

Re: Where to inquire about noise? 2020/7/7 09:30
Sometimes some old people come to my apartment. But they make the appearance of those religious converts, so I never answer them ^^

In my experience, whenever I tell them I follow a different religion ("hoka ni shinjite-iru kamisama ga imasu"), they politely go away. I am not lying to them. What I believe is always within me, and I call that a "god". It might be a good idea to find out if those "old people" are helpful or not.

As far as language is concerned, ask the place you did your foreign registration, and they might be able to guide you to free interpreting service which is often available for the municipal's residents' non-profit purposes.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread