Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

re-entry permit 2020/7/18 13:44
Doe's anyone with a long term residence card have an experience leaving Japan recently?
Is it possible to get re-entry permit at an airport? I understand that currently there is no way to get back without special circumstances due to restrictions. Just interested am I getting my residence card canceled at an airport or would be able to get a re-entry permit without ability to use it for some time?
by mishamisha  

Re: re-entry permit 2020/7/18 23:05
If you are talking about normal circumstances, then you would normally go to the airport and after security luggage check, you will fill out a embarkation card where you tick that you will be returning within one year.
When you go to passport inspection hand them this card and they will staple the disembark half in your passport for when you return, so you can come back freely(within one year of leaving)

If you plan to leave for more than a year you need to apply for a reentry permit at the immigration office.

I think that's what you are asking right ? With Coronavirus things are likely to be different now but what I put before is the normal process
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: re-entry permit 2020/7/18 23:38
thank you for a reply!
but I was asking about obtaining re-entry permit during current coronavirus situation.
by mishamisha rate this post as useful

Re: re-entry permit 2020/7/19 07:24
Getting the re-entry permit is simple - get it on the way out of the country.
However, it doesn't allow you back into the country under current restrictions unless you fall under one of the specific listed exemptions.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread