Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Provisional degree certificate to obtain COE 2020/7/28 19:16
Hello,
I am from India
I have couple of questions to ask. I would be very grateful if anyone of you can give suggestion.
I got accepted in Architectural firm in Tokyo back in Dec 2019.and I was in my final year of bachelors of that time. now they want to apply for COE asap. so that I can join them after 2-3 months. For that they are asking for my Degree certificate to apply for COE.
but the situation here in India is we get original Degree Certificate very very late after graduation and also due to pandemic I am not sure when they will provide Degree Certificate.
so, I would like to know that can Provisional Certificate work to apply for COE due to the situation. I am little afraid to ask to the office as this position really matters to me.
and Can japanese embassy answer to this? also please let me know if you have been through situation like this.
Thanking you in advance. :)

by Dixita Shinojia (guest)  

Re: Provisional degree certificate to obtain COE 2020/7/29 01:46
Provisional should be ok. You can send transcripts and mark sheet for each semester along with degree. If immigration needs more details they will ask for additional documents but they wonft reject you just because convocation is not done yet
by ...: (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Provisional degree certificate to obtain COE 2020/7/29 07:31
It is a while ago since I earned my first degree, but the situation is not uncommon. Between finishing course requirements and graduation was around six months in my case - finished in Oct/Nov, final grades released in Jan and graduation/degree certificate in May.
However, the university could and did provide a transcript showing the degree was completed well before gradation. Status was as a "graduand". Actually, for many of the jobs I was applying for at the time the transcript was the document people wanted to see.
For a CoE you can show you have completed the requirements of your degree without the actual degree certificate. If they have questions about your proof, it is simple to explain.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Provisional degree certificate to obtain COE 2020/7/29 14:14
when you don't finish the course at present, the school may give you the certificate that you WILL finish the course and WILL get the degree, ‘²‹ΖŒ©ž‚ݏؖΎ‘. although you can apply your COE with that document, you have to give immigration the certificate you have really finished the course,‘²‹ΖΨ–Ύ‘, because the former certificate shows only the expectation.
I don't know that you have to do it until when. but, generally speaking, you should bring the new certificate when you enter Japan and bring it to immigration office, before you start to work.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Provisional degree certificate to obtain COE 2020/7/30 16:09
Iam also facing many difficulties to get my degree provisional certificate. In my office they ask all my certicates but it take too much time to receive my PC. Even now also i cant get my OD, CMM certificates. One of the reson is travelling. Now outside situations is not good to travel anywhere so iam holding it some more time. Thank you
by ayaansahoo rate this post as useful

Re: Provisional degree certificate to obtain COE 2020/8/19 20:45
Have you got COE with provisional degree ? Can you please update. Thanks.
by kungfu9721 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread