Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/8/31 13:31
Hi

I applied for change of status for visa but 2 month extension period for examination is going to expire on Sep 15 and I still did't receive postcard from immigration.Is there any provision for further extension of examination period in case immigration not able to replied in 2 months?

last visa already expired and this extension was in addition to the last expiry date.

by mgp4070  

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/1 00:01
I also wonder that. As I just applied for a change of status.

Perhaps you can give them Immigration a call? And ask if everything is ok with your application?

Might be a chance they requested something extra? But by mistake was a wrong phone number ect..
Mistake can happen. Just A thought I had. If I would be in the same situation as you in the near future.

Ifd say after 6 weeks, I would try to contact them in case.
by Ice man2 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/1 01:34
I came to know that examination period is extended for 1 month due to covid 19 but not sure about this so I will try to contact immigration to confirm if I have 1 more month for the result.
by mgp4070 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/1 16:45
I have read that, in one link here.
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001316300.pdf
Which was posted in may 12th.
That it was extended to 3.. But it could depend on what immigration office you went to as well.. and the officer.
I went to Nagano yesterday. Around 1/pm. It Was really quite there.
It definitely has 2 month on it. I suspect they might be less busy now.
Still if I was you Ifd call. If they wrote 2 months on the receipt/extension paper. I donft think it would automatically mean it can be 3.

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/2 12:08
Yes,Same is the case with me,It is showing 2 month only.I will check with the immigration,Thanks

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/4 09:07
You'r visa will be automatically extended for another two months without going to immigration it was happened with me too my two months examination period was expired and I called immigration they told me that no need to worry until you have a reply from immigration and mine case took two months 15 days
by M. X (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/4 23:56
Thanks for the information

I was planning to visit immigration office to have clear picture about the procedure but now I will check by calling them on Monday.

I hope same will be applicable to me also.

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/5 01:12
Thatfs good to hear!
Thanks for that information

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/8 17:34
You applied in advance before visa expiry, no need to worry. But as per suggested by other memebrs, please call immigration and ask them the status.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/9 10:59
Yes I checked, Its under process so they asked me to wait for a while.
Thanks

Re: Visa Change of Status - Examination Period 2020/9/10 15:36
Received letter from Immigration. They asked me to come to immigration office between specific dates to disclose the result as they didn't mention result in the letter. Also asked me to bring the passport.

I guess its denied but anyways will check with immigration for the reason and possibility to reapply.

reply to this thread