Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/7 06:40
Greetings, first time that i bought mangas in Japanese from Mandarake (to improve my kanji reading skill) on September 14 then Shipped on September 16 and now Japan Post hasn't been updating my order since "Dispatch from outlaw office" on Septermber 17 and it's been like that almost for 4-5 weeks and im started to get concerned about my order.
by Ryotsume (guest)  

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/7 12:25
JP has been slow. Very slow. Due to decrease in planes in the air.

What type of shipping was it? Registed SAL? EMS? Small air parcel?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/8 07:35
Where is your parcel being posted to? Internal to Japan or internationally?
Japan Post have cancelled postal services to many countries (for months now).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/9 15:02
The status will stay that way until the package reaches another hub or your homeland. We have the same situation every time we order (or have it sent to us) from Japan. Usually Japan to swiss takes 1-2 Weeks but there are quite some flights from and to japan again.
So it's dependent on where you live, and what service you've used. If you did not use EMS it will take ages as the standard airmail service is only sent if there is still space on the plane and no EMS package waiting
by nja (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/10 04:39
Not that this relates to the Japan Post...but I ordered a calendar from amazon.jp on Monday and it arrived at my home in New York City from Chiba three days later - used DHL. So maybe if you order again you could use that service....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/11 14:39
Sorry about the slow repliease but shipping is AIR Small Packet.
by Ryotsume (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/12 06:38
@Ryotsume - shipping type may not make any difference depending on where it is being sent. What country is it being sent to?
As stated above, there are countries where Japan Post is not delivering to (quite a few).
Details at https://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-kokusai/index_en.php
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/12 07:17
It is being sent to Italy.
by Ryotsume (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Concerned about my order from Japan Post 2020/10/12 16:56
if your parcel from Italy to Japan arrives in one week, you may have a chance the parcel from Japan to Italy may take a similar term.
ask Italy's post office how long air-mail parcel takes from Italy to Japan. if they don't answer you, no one can answer about the reverse route.
I have searched today's flight from Narita airport to Italy and the result is nothing.
in that situation, how can the post office send the parcels ?
Do you understand the current situation of international transportation influenced by the virus ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread