Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Covid-19 get into Japan 2020/10/10 15:27
I would like to get into Japan in December as my grandma does not have much time left.
I am located in Canada and currently, only people with a resident track or business track visa can get into Japan.
Is there a way for me to get in other then the above two (as it is technically an emergency situation)
by ekk0106 (guest)  

Re: Covid-19 get into Japan 2020/10/10 18:49
Humanitarian reasons like yours can be a reason for short time visitors to get exceptional permission to enter. I recommend to contact the nearest Japanese consular services.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Covid-19 get into Japan 2020/10/11 08:11
Yes for family health reasons you still have always been allowed to gain access to Japan when seeking approval.

You still need to quanitine for 14 days at a nominated location. And not use public transport for those 14 days.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid-19 get into Japan 2020/10/11 08:24
@ekk0106 , also,

As per current regulations, you also have to take a COVID PCR test 72 hours before the flight to Japan departs. Then, the following template https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/100078393.docx (from: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page25e_000334.html) has to be filled out with the test results by a doctor.

So, make sure to confirm whether this requirements still persists in December. As Uji advised, the nearest Japanese consulate is a good place to start
by MrZaggy rate this post as useful

Re: Covid-19 get into Japan 2020/10/12 16:59
also, you can't use public transportation (including taxi) from airport to your grandmother's place. this regulation is not easy to overcome.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid-19 get into Japan 2020/10/12 17:18
and, if your grandmother is hospitalized or is in a nursing facility, you can't meet her at present. in only the case when she is in her house, you can meet her.
if someone is infected by the virus and is dead, the relatives can't meet her/him and can't make a normal funeral ceremony (i.e. it can be done without the body.)
in that sense, many healthy Japanese hesitate to meet their old parents. you should think about the worst case in which you bring the virus from Canada and make infection to her. if it happens, you will be severely blamed.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread