Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Acting career in Japan 2020/11/12 12:57
I am wanting to move to Japan to pursue a career in acting. I'm from the India.
Do you know if an agency can provide visa sponsorship?
I have completed film roles and short film roles.
I can any action and Adventure shot.
by Rajnish (guest)  

Re: Acting career in Japan 2020/11/12 15:03
generally speaking, the answer is NO.
moreover, most agencies for entertainments are unreliable in Japan, except for a few exceptions. and exceptional good agencies will not help unknown and un-established persons. you may not know how danger your thought is.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Acting career in Japan 2020/11/12 16:57
Why not?
https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/long/visa3.html

It clearly states that being already well-known will speed up the process, not that it is a requirement.

2 options when you manage to find a job:
a) if you are still in Japan, then you need to apply for a change of resident status (student to entertainer).
b) if you already left japan, you have to apply for a work visa (see the link above)

Both will require documents from the company that hires you, and will act as your sponsor. It will be easier if the company is already used to hiring foreigners.
by ML (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Acting career in Japan 2020/11/12 23:32
Sorry, I wanted to answer to the other thread https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+173769

But the explanation is the same: if you find an employer, then you can get a work visa.
by ML (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Acting career in Japan 2020/11/13 03:18
Ken is incorrect. I had a friend from Malaysia who was an actor (stage and screen) in Japan. His Japanese was of course very very good, but it didn't seem like he had faced much visa trouble. Do you have an agent in your country? I think it would be a good idea to talk to them and see if they can help you make some inroads in Japan.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Acting career in Japan 2020/11/13 08:37
it is difficult to find an employer (or a sponsor), because its opportunity (for foreigners) is not large enough. the possibility you find a fraud employer is much higher. (it is a good idea to contact through your country's agent, as described above. but, if it is possible, OP will not ask it here.)
for example, many foreigners who show up in TV have other jobs. it is not their major jobs.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread