Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cancel Work Visa and apply for WH? 2020/11/18 04:54
Hi,
I have got a job in Japan for next year and the company is already processing my CoE. But I am not very happy with them and have been thinking about turning them down and apply for a WH visa, spend a holiday-like year in Japan instead. Would cancelling my current Work visa application and apply for a WH be possible? I am afraid Immigration may not like that and reject the new application since the current covid situation is already making everything so difficult.
by miho85  

Re: Cancel Work Visa and apply for WH? 2020/11/18 13:28
You must have a chance to say no before they began the CoE process on your behalf? The employer-to-be has already made you an offer, to which you agreed, and they started the process to hire you, so it was not a wise decision to say yes in the first place, but if you want to back out, let the employer know you are no longer interested, and get them to cancel the CoE application, as you cannot have two CoE applications going on at the same time.

About WH visa, if you think you will be fine doing a holiday-like year without financial difficulties that might be OK, but I just want to let you know that with the COVID, jobs for foreigners are getting scarce in some fields, for example resort work seems to be completely out. So plan your finance wisely.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Cancel Work Visa and apply for WH? 2020/11/19 18:51
I faced similar situation. I wanted to change the visa category few times. I asked immigration whether changing the visa to various categories will be a bad impression? Immigration officer told me that its your choice.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread